(last updated April 18, 2022)
Privacy of Children
The Site is not intended for or directed to children. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under age 16. If you are younger than 16 years of age, do not use or provide any information on the Site or any of its features or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child younger than 16 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
When you access the Site, we collect certain information about you. This may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number, as well as information that is about you but may not specifically identify you, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site, and usage details, IP addresses, and certain other information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (collectively “personal information“).
Information You Provide Us
We collect personal information from various sources, such as directly from you when you access or use the Site. This may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided when applying for employment with us through the Site.
- Information that you provide when requesting more information regarding our products or services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
Information We Collect by Automatic Means
When you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing, actions, and patterns, including:
- information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of use of the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor);
- other information relating to your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, and logs; and
- information about your activities and actions taken on the Site over time.
In addition, we use third-party web analytics services to help us understand your use of the Site and the popularity of certain content so we can improve your experience. For more information on our use of third-party analytics services, see Third Party Providers below.
Technologies we use for automatic data collection may include cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Pages of our Site and our emails may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you, or that you provide to us:
- to present the Site and its contents to you;
- to send you information or materials you request;
- to respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- to allow you to apply for open positions at Nutcracker Therapeutics through the Site;
- to communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- to notify you of changes to the Site;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- for any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email email@example.com. For more information, see Your Choices, below.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Site and our business;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to carry out or enforce any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Nutcracker Therapeutics, users of the Site, and/or others;
- for any other purpose which is incidental to the normal use of the Site; and
- for any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
Third Party Vendors
Third Party Providers may include, without limitation, the following:
Analytics. We may use Third Party Providers to monitor and analyze use of the Site, including as follows:
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is an independent web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
- You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Site by Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/. Please note that if you opt out, analytics companies other than Google Analytics may continue to aggregate and analyze data collected about you on the Site.
Other Service Providers. We also use Third Party Providers for marketing, technical, operational, and other services, including as follows:
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a tag management service that may be used to manage and control marketing tags. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. For information on disabling Google Tag Manager, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9050852?hl=en.
- Other Google Serives. Additional Google services, including, without limitation, Google reCAPTCHA v3, Google Maps API, and Google Sign-in, may be used to facilitate our operation and administration of the Site. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
- OneTrust. We may use OneTrust to help manage data privacy and related compliance issues with respect to the Site. You can learn about OneTrust’s privacy practices at https://www.onetrust.com/privacy/.
- Lever. Lever may be used to the facilitate operation of the employment application functionalities available on the Site. You can learn more about Lever’s privacy practices at https://www.lever.co/privacy/.
- Linked-In. Linked-In may be used to facilitate collection of employment applications through the Site where you have selected that application method. You can learn more about Linked-In’s privacy practices at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- miniOrange: We may use various miniOrange services to facilitate and administer user authentication and sign-on and similar purposes with respect to the Site. You can learn more about miniOrange’s privacy practices at https://www.miniorange.com/privacy-policy/miniOrange_Privacy_Policy_for_GSuite_SSO_App.pdf.
Nutcracker Therapeutics takes protecting your information seriously, and implements reasonable measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Please note, however, that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
Information and Data Transfers
The Site is administered by Nutcracker Therapeutics in the United States. When we obtain information about you through your access to or use of the Site or when you input information to the Site from somewhere other than the United States, we may transfer, process, and store such information in the United States. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your sole risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If you are a non-United States resident and provide us with your personal information, you consent to the transfer to and processing of such information in the United States, which may have data protection laws less stringent than those in the country in which you reside.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Emails. Nutcracker Therapeutics may send notifications, newsletters, promotional information and other communications to you via email. Promotional email communications and newsletters will contain instructions describing how you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us. If you opt out of promotional emails and/or newsletters, you may continue to receive non-promotional emails from us.
Limiting Provided Information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information. If you decline to provide certain information, however, please note that some features of the Site may then be inaccessible.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Third Party Applications and Websites
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your European and UK Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union or the UK, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) or the UK GDPR adopted post Brexit (also referred to herein for convenience as simply the “GDPR”). Those rights include:
- the right of access to your information.
- the right to rectify your information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- the right to have your information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- the right to object to our processing of your information (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- the right to object to our processing of your information for direct marketing purposes.
- the right to receive your information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
If you are located in the European Union or the UK and you are or have been a user of our services, we may send you marketing communications based on our legitimate interests, subject always to your right to opt out of such communications. Further, if you are located in the European Union, we will never share your information with a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes, unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your information is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller” and you are a “data subject.”
Nutcracker Therapeutics, Inc
5858 Horton Street, Suite 540
Emeryville, CA 94608